5K Run & 10K Run
- Sunburst races and the Memorial Health & Lifestyle Center are pleased to announce that we will again offer a training class for 5K runners. Visit the Health & Lifestyle Center web site for more information.
- Please visit the Event page for start times, weather and more.
5K and 10K courses are fast, challenging and fun. Both events start in downtown South Bend and run on traffic-free city streets through South Bend's neighborhoods and finish on the 50-yard line of the University of Notre Dame football stadium. Get ready for a finish you'll never forget!
To keep everyone safe, strollers, baby joggers, or rollerblades are not permitted in any Saturday events, including the 5K Fitness Walk.
4,000 runners anticipated - field may be limited - so register early!
Click here to see the 2013 5K course Note: in an effort to be conscious of our natural environment, Sunburst will not have printed course maps available at Packet Pickup this year. Those needing a printed version are encouraged to print one from here.
1,400 runners anticipated - field is not limited
Click here to see the 2013 10K course Note: in an effort to be conscious of our natural environment, Sunburst will not have printed course maps available at Packet Pickup this year. Those needing a printed version are encouraged to print one from here.
All Sunburst running events will utilize ChronoTrack B-Tag timing systems on their race bib. The ChronoTrack B-Tag is a part of the racing bib. There are two B-tag stickers on the back that contain RFID antennas. IMPORTANT: those strips are vital to officially recording your race time. Avoid bending, breaking, or folding it. Also, don't cover it or hang any metal near it (the safety pins attaching it to your technical T-shirt don't count) or you may distort the signal. No need to return the tag when you're done.
Race day registration is not available. Please visit the Registration page for more information.
All event changes may be made at the Sunburst Packet Pick-up and Expo on Friday, May 31.
- Sunburst T-shirt
- Print-your-own finisher certificates for all timed events
- Great finish line food provided by Meijer
- Finisher photos available for purchase through Brightroom.com
- Waterstop Tables
- Porta-potties at start line, inside College Football Hall of Fame, all parks and the finish line. Terrific finish line food provided by Meijer.
Medical team directed by Mark Lavallee, M.D., co-director of the Memorial Sports Medicine Institute. Staff support provided by the EMTs and registered nurses at Memorial Hospital of South Bend. Emergency course support and communications provided by RACES and Red Cross of St. Joseph County. First aid at all water stops. Full medical tent at the finish.